What are Cookies and How They are Used
We use “cookies,” small text files transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g. web beacons/gifs and embedded scripts) to help provide you with a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your shopping cart between visits);
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
How to Manage and Disable Cookies
The options/settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Please be advised that disabling cookies through this method may impact many of our website’s features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in internet browsers will usually be found in the “Settings” sections of those browsers, often described under a heading of “Privacy” or similar. If you use more devices and/or browsers, you will need to disable cookies on each device and on each browser separately. Here are the locations of the cookie settings for all major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer – Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
- Mozilla Firefox – Tools > Options > Privacy menu.
- Safari users – Edit > Preferences > Privacy menu.
- Chrome users – Settings > Content Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
If you limit the ability of our websites to set cookies, this may prevent you from using certain features of our website properly and your user experience – which will no longer be personalised for you – may deteriorate. You may also be able to opt out from certain cookies through third party cookie management sites. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of our website. If you delete your cookies from the browser, you may need to remember to re-install opt-out cookies.
For more information about how to manage cookies, including opting-out of different types of cookies please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
You can also find more information about how to opt-out of targeting cookies by visiting: www.youronlinechoices.com
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Cuddy O Leary and Foley Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors to recognize and count the number of website visitors and to see how visitors move around websites when they are using them. This helps improve the way the websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize users when users return to a website. This enables Cuddy O Leary and Foley Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors to personalize content for data subjects, greet data subjects by name and remember data subject’s preferences (e.g. choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record data subjects’ visit to websites, the pages visited, and the links followed Cuddy O Leary and Foley Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors use this information to make Cuddy O Leary and Foley Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors website and the advertising displayed thereon more relevant to users’ interests Cuddy O Leary and Foley Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Location cookies. These cookies use data subjects’ current location, or address to provide appropriate information.
Third Party Cookies and Opt-out
Cuddy O Leary and Foley Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the services to:
- Help understand and improve how visitors use the websites, including which pages and products are viewed most frequently;
- More effectively market products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to data subjects;
- Obtain feedback on products and services;
- Allow engagement on social media offerings.
Do Not Track feature
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked.
Cuddy O Leary and Foley Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors do not currently apply Do Not Track requests, as such requests are not standardised or consistent across platforms.
3003 Euro Business Park, Little Island, Cork.
Tel: 021 452 4886 Fax: 021 452 4924 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
27 Cork Road, Midleton, Co. Cork
94 South Mall, Cork
How to find us
Little Island Office
South Mall Office